Stand out with confidence and let your followers see the real you!
We rented a cute Airbnb in Branson, Mo. and I picked it based on the home decor. I LOVED this room & pre planned my branding shoot based on the listing. (The link to where we stayed is highlighted blue above)
Let’s be real
Chances are you are rocking a forever old headshot. You love it and don’t see a need to change it.
BUT IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE YOU!
“People don’t buy what you do; people buy why you do it.”Simon Sinek
I have a VIP facebook group where I post things that encourage you as a small business owner. Join, “encourage your every day” here. It’s free! I love sharing books I am reading, podcasts I am listening to, creatives who are doing cool things!
I spent the winter repainting and shopping for new props. Bin-shop’n has been a great LOCAL source of my studio update! They are a great local company that is like brand new thrifting and you know I love thrifting!
Door cames from Builders Bargain Etc. Shop
Khaki chair from Yoder thrift store
Futon from Bright Futures Overstock, in Buhler, KS
New Studio Room @ Sara McMillian Photography
tips for planning your dream shoot.
- Consider your brand’s style and aesthetics, and choose clothing that aligns with it. For example, if your brand is modern and sleek, opt for clean lines and minimalist outfits.
- Solid colors work better than patterns or prints, as they don’t distract from the focus of the image, which is you and your brand.
- Choose clothes that fit well and are comfortable. You don’t want to be fidgeting or adjusting your outfit during the shoot, as it can be distracting and affect the quality of the images.
- Accessorize thoughtfully. Choose pieces that complement your outfit and add interest to the images, without overwhelming the composition.
- Keep it simple and timeless. You want the images to be relevant and usable for a long time, so avoid trends and overly trendy outfits.
- Consider the location and the weather. If you’re shooting outdoors, for example, you may want to choose clothing that is appropriate for the climate and won’t be affected by wind or rain.
- Don’t forget about grooming. Make sure your hair, makeup, and nails are neat and clean, and consider hiring a professional if necessary.
- Bring any branded promotional products, lap top, coffee mug, tumbler that fits your brand.
- Lastly, have fun and be yourself! Brand photography should reflect your personality and brand message, so don’t be afraid to let your unique style shine through.